Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Marie Antoinette

Marie Antoinette
Director Sofia Coppola
Main Cast Kirsten Dunst/Jason Schwartzman
Time 123min.
Winner of one Oscar Best Costume Design
★★★★★★☆☆☆☆
picture from http://www.eigaseikatu.com/tittle/15769

A 14 years old Austrian,Marie Antoinette(Kirsten)married into 16 years old King Louis XVI(Jason). Though Marie is accepted as a queen only after having a baby, King Louis wasn't interested in Marie. She finds the pleasure of wearing dress and shoes. And also she becomes addict to party and gamble because of pressure and loneliness in palace life . She wastes many dresses, shoes, cakes, champagne. Finally, a baby is born to them, but there is no end to her waste and party. France fall into financial crisis and it causes a popular uprising against King Louis XVI and Marie. It is called the French Revolution.

I like Kirsten Dunst, so I chose this movie. There are many colorful and beautiful dresses, shoes es,sweets and buildings in this movie. I could enjoy this movie visually. This movie is about Marie Antoinette, so you may imagine this is a serious historical movie. But it depicts Marie's daily life in a palace vividly. So you can enjoy this movie comfortably, especially visually.


2 comments:

Oneeyan said...

Oh, so... I can learn about the history of Marie Antoinette with having a fun!! That sounds good for me who a poor at learning the history.Thank you (^^)

Yurino said...

I wached the moveie. I was impressed by beautifu dress,cakes and castel,but I don't like the story. I thought it was boring.