Sunday, May 4, 2008

Million Dollar Baby

Million Dollar Baby

Director Clint Eastwood
Main cast Hilary Swank/Clint Eastwood/Morgan Freeman
Time 132minutes
Awards Best Picture,Director, Actress, Supporting Actor
★★★★★★★★☆☆

http://event.moviews.yahoo.co.jp
  Frankie(Clint Eastwood)has trained and managed some incredible fighters. He has not heard from his daughter for a very long time. Scrap(Morgan Freeman),an ex-boxer,is his only friend,who looks after Frankie's gym and understand him. Meanwhile Maggie(Hilary Swank)is not satisfied with her family's love. One day she watches a boxing match which Frankie's boxer took part in. She decides to have him train her. Then she begin to go to his boxing gym to request him to train her. But he doesn't allow women to do boxing. Meanwhile Scrap perceives her talent and he encourages him to train her. Finally he decides to train her from her single-minded effort and passion for boxing and Scrap's advice. Although he gives her cold attitude at first, they gradually begin to understand and need each other. But one day, an accident occurs during Maggie's boxing match and it leads Maggie and Frankie to unforeseen course.

I was overwhelmed by Hilary's actress sprit and her high quality performance. Her fight secene was very powerful and I was excited . At first, I thought this film was a success story of boxing. In fact, boxing is main story during the first half of the film, but it was not really main. I was surprised by shocking last and I was made me think about love and life and death. This movie is really deep and has lingering imagery. I suggest that you watch this! Don't forget to prepare for a handkerchief or tissues when you watch this!!

No comments: